z/VSE V27.0 exploits z/VSE support for 64-bit virtual storage, newly available in version 5.1. If you have configured 64-bit storage, all of CONDOR's system buffers, temporary storage and portions of its working storage are allocated in 64-bit storage.
CONDOR offers command-driven on-line library management and a program development system in one convenient package. Use CONDOR to write and edit programs, manipulate spooler queues, manage libraries, and submit and cancel jobs. CONDOR’s high-level system maintenance utilities provide access to all areas of your system without disrupting production.
CONDOR can function as a standalone VTAM application or run on CICS. It runs under the z/OS and z/VSE operating systems, and is easy to convert from one to the other.
- Powerful, easy-to-use, on-line programming system
- Advanced full-screen editor
- On-line utilities
- Complete library control
- Automatic reorganization of libraries and files for resource efficiency
- Spooler interface
- REXX language interface
- Source-line audit information
- Large screen sizes of 24–204 lines by 80–255 columns (with restrictions)
- On-line help for all commands