CONDOR, CYGNET and FALCON Releases 16.0 for MVS are Now Available Online
The latest releases of MVS CONDOR, CYGNET and FALCON are currently ready and available to our customers. The Release 16.0 changes are the result of valued customer feedback and suggestions received while using Release 15.0. Some of the improvements include:
- Release 16.0 of CONDOR is certified to run on releases of IBM's operating systems beginning with OS/390 VRM 1.2.0 through z/OS VRM 1.6.0.
- The Condor system now supports terminal sizes that have 24 to 204 rows and 80 to 255 columns provided that rows times columns is less than or equal to 16,384. In addition, Condor now supports default screen sizes that are other than the traditional 24 x 80 buffer size (a.k.a. Model-2).
- The maximum number of concurrent A or B line commands and KA or KB line commands has been increased from 29 to 128. The actual upper limit will be governed by the number of lines defined for your terminal session.
- Point and shoot (positioning to a field and pressing enter
or using your terminal emulators HOTSPOT support to simulate point and shoot with a mouse click) support has been added to the following screens.
- Main OLPS screen: (Default line command is Edit/Browse)
- OLPS Select screen: (Default line command is List)
- A new KEYS command has been added to assist in navigation. The KEYS command toggles the display setting of the program function key list.
- Several new SET commands.
- Two new system startup parameters, PAGE_OPT ( ON | OFF ) and WORD_OPT ( ON | OFF) have been provided to set the default value of the OLPS PAGEOPT and WORDOPT options.
- A new OLPS DSLIST subcommand has been added. The DSLIST subcommand provides an easy interface for the execution of one or more library level functions.
- Two new editor commands, ASCII and EBCDIC, have been added. ASCII translates the entire edit queue from EBCDIC to ASCII. EBCDIC translates the entire edit queue from ASCII to EBCDIC.
- The maximum number of library definitions that can be
specified on a single invocation of the OLPSLIST macro has been increased from 90 to 185.
- Four new Conditional JCL commands (SPC, SPCC, SPCL, SPCCL) have been added to the OLPS editor.
- Three new call interface (USRDWS, USRXON, USRXOF) have been added to the CAMLIB user API.
- A new system variable is now available to the REXX user by way of the EDITQ('STATE') function.
- A new system variable is now available to the REXX user by way of the USRVAR('EXEC') function.
- A new REXXLIB command has been added that allows the user to override the library search order when locating REXX programs.
- A new REXX EXITDLAY command has been added to our REXX API that allows the user to obtain and/or alter the delay interval that is used at program end.
- The provided CAMLIB Subsystem Interface now supports embedded "./ INCLUDE" statements.
We are now making our MVS products downloadable from our web site. To begin the process, you will need your customer number and a valid CPUID in order to fill out our software request form completely. Once the form is filled out and submitted, you will be given access to the software for downloading and installation. The last step involves receiving a decryption code via email to unlock the software.